Aug 30, 2009

Elly Davies

Elly Davies has been participating in the Trail since the very beginning and the creative contents of her house are essentially a lifetime’s work. A big variety of mediums and innovative uses of material, from alluvial rubbish to tree bark, provide one of those Art Trail ‘At Home’ gems. So if you are heading up or down Blackhorse Road at any time during the Trail, Elly’s Lloyd Road house is an easy and highly recommended diversion.


1. Please tell us about the work you will be showing in the 2009 E17 Art Trail?
Apart from my usual watercolour paintings,I will be showing displays of found objects,on the bank of the Thames.

2. Could you have done this work anywhere, or is it specific to E17? Did you respond to this year’s Art Trail theme ‘At Home’?
I could have done this anywhere there is water, but I am always 'At Home' for the Art Trail.

3. Have you participated in the E17 Art Trail before?
I participated right from the beginning of the art trail so this is my fifth year.

4. How does your work this year relate to your previous artistic practice?
Some years ago I got interested in the work of archaeologists,their finds and the history of it. I promised myself, one day I will do something about it, and that is now.

5. What challenges (if any) do you face in realising this work?
The challenge was to find the best way to display the items. I am still not quite sure if I have found it. Another challenge is getting people to visit me during the Trail. There are not usually any other open houses near me and people often don’t bother to come for just one.

6. Who is this work for?
I do this for myself. It is a great feeling to collect things, recreate things and display them.

7. As well as being an artist what else do you do?

I am also very interested in Antiques

8. What is your favourite place in E17?
That is my little garden and my workroom, I love both of them.



No comments: