Aug 27, 2010

Mandi Bharij

1. Please tell us about the work you will be showing in the 2010 E17 Art Trail?
The majority my of work will be framed screen prints which I am hoping to display in the garden of my home- weather permitting.

I am also working on some fabric pieces- cushions, lamp shades, table mats ...some lovely gift ideas for the home.

2. How many times have you taken part in the Trail?
This is my first time

3. What kind of things inspire you to create art?
I have based my art on things that I would like on my walls if I had an infinite amount of space. I am inspired by modern and graphic art.

I trained in fashion studies so have a creative background, but spend my working days immersed in spreadsheets!


4. What challenges (if any) do you face in preparing yourself and your work for the Trail?
I have faced lots of challenges in preparing for the trail. Though I started early this year preparing my artwork, the looming deadline has come around quite quick!! Relearning the skill of screen printing and being able to have time in the print studio has been very difficult. My dining room has currently been overtaken with screens, machines, frames and fabrics!

I have had to overcome the obstacles in my way and review on a weekly basis what would be acheivable in the time left before the art trail.

5. Please tell us two things you really like about Walthamstow?
The community feel and the ease of accessibility into town.

6. Please tell us one thing you wish Walthamstow had?
Better bars and a cinema!


No comments: