May 26, 2014

Helen Alveranga on preparing for her 'Eclectic' exhibition

Could you tell us about the work you will be showing during this year's E17 Art Trail?
This year I will be showing a variety of work including paintings, drawings and mixed media pieces.

How have you been preparing for this year's trail? 
I’ve been working on a few new paintings and finishing off all my part finished pieces of work. I’ve been mounting drawings and making cards, it’s always a bit of a rush in the last few days…….

Could you tell us about an an artist/ artwork that  particularly inspires you? 
I really like the work of contemporary American artist Vija Celmins, she is not that well known but her work is stunningly realistic, as a realist artist myself I really admire her work.

How does inhabiting a community like Walthamstow help your practice?  
I love the diversity in Walthamstow, it does not directly inspire my work, but I think it is a great place to live.

What are you most looking forward to during the E17 Art Trail this year ? 
I took part in the first ever E17 Art Trail and have taken part in it every year since so I am something of a veteran! I am always excited to take part in the trail, I’ve met loads of lovely people over the years and some of them come back year after year to see my work, so that’s a big thrill. It has also become something of a social occasion for friends and family and of course it’s the only time I ever get around to cleaning my studio!

Listing no.84 in the guide. Click here for more information

No comments: