Jun 6, 2014

Dom Mandrell Getting Ready for the Weekend...

Because I was involved with Milton Road’s Street party last weekend I decided it was sensible to start my show a week later than most other contributors to the Art trail.

Consequently, I’m still putting the finishing touches to my exhibition ‘Design for music and beyond’. However bit by bit the elements of the show are all falling into place.

My collection of vinyl 12”s arrived this morning, fresh from DJ legend Greg Wilson.They feature my coat of arms illustration for him and are available to purchase over my opening weekend (7th/8th June), should anyone want to take home a memento.

Artwork on the preview copy of his latest 12” 'World needs love/Summer' will also be on display. Musical snippets from this and his latest band project 'Blind Arcade', which he has just completed with Kermit from Black Grape can be heard on rotation throughout the weekend.

As you can see from the pictures I am also busy preparing various huge blow ups of cartoons from my portfolio. These are being designed so that they will be free-standing on shelves and walls. These will feature alongside poster designs for the Stone Roses, from their reunion tour last year, as well as artwork for reggae don David Rodigan and club night Inner Rhythm.

Vibing on seeing all you lovely people here this weekend! Cant wait... Xx

Dominic

No comments: