Jun 7, 2014

Guest Post: Follow Cecile Hirst on her Mini-Trail

Greetings E17 Trailgoers from Cecile aka E17 Badge Girl with thoughts and photos of my mini trail on Thursday 5 June. Starting from Walthamstow Tube Station, I checked out Underpass Distractions (no.72), which was most interesting and definitely worth a look. 
 
Then I was off to try to locate No 71, with no luck, so instead I popped over to see Simon Warren's fabulous photographs in the new estate agents across the road, The Stow Brothers (no.100). Although it is a great new space, it was slightly marred by smokers on Hoe Street and, of course, the traffic.  
 
I then trotted up to Church Hill to check out Women of the World Art Quilt (no.99) in the Credit Union office, which is very clever.
 
Onward I went to Howard Road, a lovely street with beautiful houses. Here I found poetry on 'For Sale' boards, which are delightful and form part of the Poetry Trail (no 89). 


 The Howard Road House (no.94) is such fun; very clever and a must to visit.  A group of kiddies and their teacher (who very kindly took my photograph in front of the garden) were creating artwork whilst sitting on the garden wall and having a fun afternoon outing.
 
I bumped into Humna, an artist showing on the trail with her baby, Diya. She will have an open house showing of her exhibition 'A Little Bit of Morris' (no.91) tomorrow. 
 

Art Works at Harmony Hall (no 67) was my final stop.  This is a beautiful space. Being brand new, the loos are a work of art in themselves, plus the art is terrific, so this is another venue not to miss. I also bumped into Sarah Chase who is hosting a Party this Saturday, the Mini Fest (no. 10), which should be good and said I would mention her in my Blog.


 
Lots of love and enjoy yourselves xx

No comments: